Hello, Woonsocket! Catch up with you to start this Wednesday with full knowledge of the facts. In today Daily, we share information about State Budget 2022, a man who died after a fire in North Smithfield, a new driving vaccination clinic in Rhode Island, a Tyson Chicken Recall, and one pet adoption event in Middletown.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Rain overnight. High: 90, low: 66.
Here are the best Woonsocket stories today:
1. Governor Dan McKee signed the 2022 state budget. the $ 13.1 billion of budget received finaapproval by the General Assembly Last week. (Room)
2. A 79 year old man hasthat broke in North Smithfield Thursday morning. Firefighters from several communities around 4 a.m. and I found the house completely engulfed in flames. (Room)
3. A drive-thru vaccination clinic opens this Saturday at Wickford Junction station car park on Ten Rod Roare. The clinic will be weekly from 9 a.m. to noon and is open to anyone from 12 years old. (Room)
4. More than 8.4 million pounds of Tyson frozen and ready-to-eat chicken products have been recalled because of possible listeria contamination, some of which sold in Rhode Island. Nowadays, three illnesses and one death were linked to contaminated products. (Room)
5. Middletown Potters’ League will be one of over 180 shelters in 40 states taking part in the national event “Emptying the shelters”. Of July 9 to 11, all cats and dogs in the Potter League will be available for adoption for only $ 25 fee. (Room)
Today’s Woonsocket Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Part-time and full-time cleaning positions available (details)
You are officially in the know for today. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow morning with another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Annie sandoli
About me: Annie has been a Boston-based writer since 2018, having obtained her BA in Social Thought and Political Economy from UMass Amherst and ALM in Journalism from Harvard University. She has worked as a freelance writer throughout Massachusetts and on an editorial team in London, UK. His interests include music and the arts, creative writing and literature, as well as social and political justice topics.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Woonsocket Daily? Email all inquiries to me at [email protected]